Monday, May 5, 2008

Bridal Shower

My BFF Beth is getting married this summer and I am a bridesmaid in the wedding. This past weekend we threw her a shower and of course I made the cupcakes. They turned out so cute that I wanted to post some pictures of them.



I like to decorate my cupcakes with fresh flowers. I like it because it's simple, looks classy and inexpensive. You can pick up a bunch at the grocery store when shopping for ingredients.

I also like using flowers because I can't pipe icing to save my life.



Just cut the stems down and place the buds in between the cupcakes or around the edges on a platter or cake stand. You can also cut the leaves off and use them too. I used a dozen sweetheart roses.



I thought they turned out looking pretty nice! And I think they tasted alright too because everyone gobbled them up. :)

Congratulations Beth and John! We are going to have so much fun at the wedding!

2 comments:

JEN said...

LOVE the cupcakes. maybe i should just hire you to make my wedding cake/cupcakes...

Amy said...

Hee hee. I already have a baby shower in June and a wedding in August all lined up!