Thursday, February 4, 2010

Regular Uses for White Vinegar

White vinegar is extremely versatile and valuable around the house. I've seen countless lists in magazines and on websites on all the uses of white vinegar. But how many people actually put those uses into action? There are two ways that I use white vinegar around the house regularly. In the laundry and in the dishwasher. I buy white vinegar in gallon jugs for a little over $2.


I keep the big jug in the laundry room and use 1/4 cup as fabric softener with each load of laundry. The clothes do not come out smelling like vinegar, I promise!


I use the big jug to fill up this smaller squeeze bottle to keep in the kitchen:


And I use the small squeeze bottle to fill up the rinse-aid compartment in the dishwasher:


I also use the small bottle in the kitchen whenever I need white vinegar for cooking.

And there you have it. Two very simple ways to use white vinegar around the house. And both ways will save you a bunch of money because white vinegar is way cheaper than fabric softener and rinse-aid. And white vinegar does not contain any chemicals which are bad for the environment.

Check out this website for more information on white vinegar. Read the section on how its made too. I had no idea white vinegar came from corn. There are also tons of tips on using white vinegar around the house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can also use it in warm water to mop your hard wood floors. In the washer to set dark colors, so they don't fade as quickly. Mix it with water in a spray bottle to wash your windows, using newpapers to dry instead of paper towels.
Debbie Deane