Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Storm Damage

On Sunday a crazy storm swept through the area with crazy winds that knocked down a bunch of my trees. I've never seen anything like it. Of course I have a ton of tree damage and my neighbors have next to no damage. Go figure! Here's what it looks like:

That tree knocked out my power line. It may have also damaged the roof, siding and gutters but we won't know for sure until it is removed (hopefully today). Here it is from the backyard:

Normally you can see the fence there! It looks like we may lose this tree altogether which makes me very sad. It's BEAUTIFUL in the fall. I won't miss raking all those leaves though...

This redbud tree cracked in half and fell on the deck:

Lefty inspects the damage. Here it is from the yard:

The top of this tree was completely torn off by the wind:

Here are the branches lying in the yard:

There is one other tree in the front that has a big branch down, but the pictures of that one are not as exciting as these so I didn't post those.

We are very lucky that no one was hurt and that no trees were knocked INTO the house (ie. through a window - eek!). So far it doesn't look like the damage to the house is too bad - the roof is not leaking or anything thank goodness. We'll just have to wait and see how it looks in the next few days.

The garden however survived the storm with almost no damage. Yea for that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That is some serious damage. Very cool God protected the house like He did!