Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Green Beans and Feta

I found this receipe on the inside of the lid to my Athenos feta cheese. The instant I saw it I knew I would make it. Greens beans and feta together? What a fantastic idea. Feta is good on lots of things but I had never really thought about putting it on green beans before.

Green Beans and Feta with Dill

2 lbs fresh green beans
1/2 cup Kraft Zesty Italian dressing
1/4 cup Athenos crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/4 cup chopped fresh dill

Cook beans in boiling water seven minutes or until tender crisp (I don't like soggy beans so I cooked mine only five minutes). Drain then rinse with cold water.

Toss beans with dressing, cheese, onion and dill in large bowl (my store didn't have fresh dill so I had to used a sprinkling of dried dill instead).

Serve immediately or refrigerate for several hours until chilled.


Doesn't it look delicious? I really, really liked this recipe. Super simple and quick to make. I will be making this again I am sure. I have plenty of green beans from the garden that need to be eaten!

One note on the Kraft Zesty Italian salad dressing - this dressing is awesome. I love it and usually have it on hand. I buy the light version which tastes great and has only 25 calories per serving. It's perfect on salads.

No comments: