Wednesday, August 13, 2008

CSA: Week 13

In week thirteen I received:

3 ears corn
3 tomatoes
1 cucumber
green beans

The corn was great but the tomatoes were fair. They were kind of banged up by the time I got them home but I'm not sure if they were like that before or if they got knocked around too much in my bag on the way home. The green beans were actually not very good at all. Some of them were already wrinkly and shriveled. The ones that were still good were really poofy - by that I mean the pods were mostly air. The beans inside were pretty small. I ate some of them but then put the rest in the compost. I have much better beans growing in my own garden!

Previous CSA posts:
CSA: Week 12
CSA: Week 11
CSA: Week 10
CSA: Week 9
CSA: Week 8
CSA: Week 7
CSA: Week 6
CSA: Week 5
CSA: Week 4
CSA: Week 3
CSA: Week 2
CSA: Week 1

No comments: