Friday, January 29, 2010

Roasted Sweet Potatoes

For my birthday last fall my in-laws gave me a toaster oven. I had wanted one for awhile as a way to bake small things without heating up the entire oven. I think it will be particularly useful in the summer months when I want to bake but don't want to heat up the house with the oven.

The model I got is a Cuisinart Convection Toaster Oven.


It's really a neat little appliance. It does both convection and convention style baking as well as broiling and toasting. It's the perfect size for my family since there are only two of us.

Now the instruction book that came with the toaster oven had several recipes in it and one of them was Roasted Sweet Potatoes.

Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Serves 2-3

2 large sweet potatoes
2 tbsp Earth Balance
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp light brown sugar

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cut sweet potatoes into 2-3 inch spears and place in a large bowl. Sprinkle brown sugar and salt over sweet potatoes. Melt butter and pour over sweet potatoes. Stir to coat. Spread sweet potatoes on a baking sheet covered with foil. Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.


These potatoes were so delicious. And so easy! They made the perfect side dish. I really enjoyed them. We will definitely be making this again.

No comments: