Saturday, January 9, 2010

So. Much. Snow.

When I woke up this morning the outside temperature was 4 degrees F, with a wind chill that makes it feel like -8 degrees F. On top of that I also forgot to turn my alarm off last night so it woke me up at 5:45am on a Saturday! I tried to go back to sleep but couldn't so got up to use the restroom. On the way back to bed I managed to get tangled up in the space heater and knocked it over on top of my foot. It's one of those radiator-looking space heaters and one of the edges came down right on top of my little foot bones. I actually started crying like a little kid! My sweet husband got me an ice pack and my laptop and so here I sit in bed, icing my foot and typing this blog. It has not been a great morning for me!

Anyway what I wanted to blog about today was snow. Ever since Christmas, Kansas City has been covered in a blanket of snow. It actually snowed on Christmas Day which doesn't happen very often around here. And that's fun and pretty until you realize you can't get out of your driveway to go see your relatives.


Usually when we get snow around here it melts after a couple of days. We don't normally have days and days of single digit temperatures. But this year we did so the Christmas snow couldn't melt. And then it snowed again. And again. And it all piled on top of the previous snow. And then this past Wednesday we got several more inches of snow. It's insane! I don't know if I've ever seen this much snow!

My dog Rosco loves the snow. He rolls around in it.


Pretty icicles at my aunt's house the weekend after Christmas:


The patio furniture on our back deck:


The flower bed is completely covered now:


Tomorrow the high is above 20 degrees F. It's gonna be a heat wave!!

No comments: